Manthan Online Exams Candidate Guide
We have planned the written exam for the year 2022. If it is impossible to take the written test, we will take the exam online.
Note: You are responsible for making sure that the proctoring software works with your system before you take a proctored exam.
The following proctored exam rules are the basic rules for “closed book ” online exams.
Any additional rules will be visible along with the exam instructions before you start the exam.
Test environment rules
- You must take the exam in the same room that you scanned during the proctoring setup for the current exam.
Note: You must complete a webcam scan of the room where you will take the exam every time you take a proctored exam. However, you do not have to take all of your proctored exams in the same room.
- No other person is allowed to enter the room while you are taking the proctored exam.
- The lighting in the room must be bright enough to be considered “daylight” quality. Overhead lighting is preferred. If overhead lighting is not available, the source of light must not be behind you.
- You must sit at a clean desk or table.
- The desk or walls around you must not have any writing.
- The room must be as quiet as possible. Sounds such as music or television are not permitted.
- The following items must not be on your desk or used during your proctored exam, unless posted rules for the exam specifically permit these materials:
The device you use to take the test
- The computer you are using to take the exam must not have more than one display or monitor. For example, if you usually use a laptop with a monitor connected, disconnect your monitor and use only the laptop screen.
- You must close all other programs or windows on your testing computer before you begin the exam.
- You must not use the following tools:
- Programs such as Excel, Word, or PowerPoint
- Communication programs such as Skype
- Any website page other than the exam window in your course, including other content on edX.org
- You must verify your identity using a photo ID that has your name and photo on the same side. The name must match the full name you use in your edx.org account. You can change your name in your edX account.
- You must dress as though you were in a public setting.
- You must not use headphones, ear buds, or any other type of listening equipment.
- You must not communicate with any other person by any means.
- You must not use a phone for any reason.
- You must not leave the room during the exam for any reason, unless posted rules for the exam specifically permit you to do so.
Additional time or special allowances
If you have a disability and need additional time or specific accommodations to take the exam, consult organization or the course team before you make any choices on the exam page. The course team must approve your request and make any adjustments before you start your exam.
Consequences of Rule Violations
If you violate the online proctoring rules and receive an Unsatisfactory status, you automatically receive a score of 0 for the exam and you are no longer eligible for exam credit.
If you have questions about your proctoring exam status, click the “Submit a request” button at the bottom of this page to contact Support, or consult with exam team.